Dorado Drilling is an Okanagan-based business providing superior contract diamond drilling services to the mineral exploration industry.
With extensive drilling in BC as well as the Yukon, Manitoba and Ontario, we have the experience and the tools necessary to get the job done safely and accurately.
Incorporated in 2006, we have four diamond drills currently in operation and employ over twenty employees at our drill sites. Our best year to date, we completed over 33,500 meters of surface diamond drilling.
"To provide our clients with the highest level of service possible
while ensuring a safe working environment for our employees."
We are hiring! We are currently looking for experienced driller's helpers for our drill programs, located across BC, Yukon, Manitoba, and Ontario.
Please submit résumé on the careers page, or by email to: [email protected]
Main responsibilities and skills required:
• Mix muds and additives as required
• Handle core samples: use marking blocks, place core in accurately marked boxes
• Refuel drill and other equipment, as required
• Inspect drill rods for condition before use
• Keep working area free of hazards
• Organize and maintain tools in good working order
• Breaking rods
• Preference given to candidates with experience on operating portable diamond rigs;
• Working knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical drilling systems and parts;
• Ability to work in remote areas with little onsite technical support;
• Proven knowledge of industry best practice relating to health and safety;
• Willingness to work in adverse weather conditions and live in remote, drug and alcohol-free bush camps for extended periods;
• Demonstrated ability to commit to one employer for an entire
• Minimum of Standard First Aid certificate, with CPR-C-AED;
• Good communication and organizational skills;
• Preference is given to candidates who have the first 5 Common Core Surface Diamond Drilling Modules (Program 770200) :
-U0669 (Surface Diamond Drill Induction Procedures)
-U0652 (Work Safely in a Surface Diamond Drill Environment)
-U0653 (Operate Hand and Power Tools)
-U0668 (Protect Natural Environment)
-U0670 (General Lockout and Tag on Prime Movers)
• A minimum of a 12-hour shift per day, 7 days per week.
• Rotation is 28 days on and 14 days off.
• Must be available to work on short notice.
• Must provide satisfactory references from recent employers.
Proud to be members of: